Continuous Screening – Childcare Personnel Register
Period: April – December 2015
Client: Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment and CIBG
On behalf of the CIBG, part of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, and the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment, the ICTU Foundation developed an application for Continuous Screening in Childcare. As the UX designer within the SCRUM team, I was responsible for coordinating, developing, and independently executing usability tests throughout the Netherlands, as well as for the interactive and graphic design of the entire application.
One of the challenges of this project was the time pressure under which the design had to be developed and tested. I became involved in the project relatively late. Initially, I was responsible for the extensive user research and usability testing of the application. After presenting the research results, I was given the opportunity to create a redesign in the form of an interactive prototype, which I was able to test again with end users. I iteratively and agilely aligned the designs for this application with development, and in close collaboration with the stakeholders of Stichting ICTU and CIBG, after which they could be implemented by development. View the case study of this project for more details.
Proud of these UX design milestones
- Under time pressure, searching for participants, setting up and conducting usability tests, and then redesigning and retesting the application.
- Being able to share and demonstrate the success of the application within the Ministry.
- User research
- Extensive usability testing with multiple scenarios, interviews, and role-playing
- Interaction design (wireframes, flows, sitemap)
- Extensive interactive AXURE RP prototype
- Graphic design